Description of consultant services
General function: Reporting to the management of the Canadian Sleep Society (CSS):
The Knowledge Broker will support the CSS in its knowledge transfer strategy with various target audiences. The Knowledge Broker will also assist in strengthening the consideration of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
- Co construction of dissemination plans inline with the ecosystem needs
- Co construct adapted KT strategies and plan in the EDI perspective
- Help with KT funding (grant writing and appropriate KT and EDI activities, grant review, etc)
The Knowledge Broker will be asked to build on a previously established base and continue to expand the network for the “Sleep on it” campaign.
- Assess needs and plan the second wave of dissemination in collaboration with the committees and based on the website analytics (co construction of a digital KT strategy)
- Assess needs and rebrand the campaign accordingly
- Creation of adapted scientific content (written, video, infographic, etc)
- Continue building strategic partnerships for sleep promotion
The Knowledge Broker will be asked to support the strategic planning and coordination of key CSS events that involve awareness, education and KT activities:
- CSS Annual Conference
- Sleep on it multistakeholders workshop
- Awareness seminars
- Proven success records in developing & managing Strategic consulting in KT and EDI in the sleep domain (with minimum of 5 years experience in knowledge mobilization and transfer).
- Proven success in evidence-based knowledge transfer practices in the sleep domain.
- Seasoned experience in interfacing and negotiating with sleep research community in both languages.
- Thorough comprehension of the public and private research funding ecosystem dynamic and requirement.
- In depth networking capacity and established working relationships with both CSS/CSCN leaders.
- Scientific redaction and popularization in both French and English
Graduate level of education ideally in sleep or health-related domains.
Selection process to be conducted and endorsed by both CSS/CSCN authorities.
For services provided between December 1st 2021-December 31st 2022
Availability: 5-10 hours/week
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KT Brokering” as the subject.